We are delighted to have been nominated to do this award by not one but two amazing bloggers! Naty’s Bookshelf and Bookmark Your Thoughts Blog have nominated us, so we’ve decided to split them between us. Ashley will take Naty’s questions, and Sabrina will take Bookmark Your Thoughts’ questions.
Naty’s questions: (Ashley)
- What book you wish you could un-read to experience it for the first time again?
-The entire Harry Potter series!
- What’s your Hogwarts house?
-Pottermore says Sytherin, I say Gryffindor.
- Who is a character you love who you think belongs in your Hogwarts house?
- What popular book have you not read yet?
-Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- What’s your favorite color?
- Who are some of your favorite authors?
-Tarryn Fisher, Amy Harmon, Colleen Hoover
- What bookish universe could you live in?
-Of course the Wizarding World of Harry Potter 😉
- What superpower do you wish you had?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What genre do you read most?
- What is a bookish goal that you have for 2017?
-To read more than the 101 books I finished last year.
Bookmark Your Thoughts questions: (Sabrina)
- If you could stay one age forever, what age would you choose? Why?
– I would love to be 22 again. It was the year I quit my job in the bank and moved to the States as an au pair – it was a great year. Plus, at 22 you’re old enough to drive, drink and get into clubs and bars in every country in the world. Also, T-Swizzle’s ’22’ came out when I was 22 and I just LOVE that song.
- If you could be in a movie or book of your choice, what movie or book would it be and which character would you play?
– Instead of a movie I choose a TV show and go with ‘The OC’. It’s my favorite TV show of all time and I would love to live in Orange County – even though there’s more drama than I could handle. 😀
- Do you use other social media formats for your blogging? If so, which one (please provide links) and explain why you chose these ones?
–Yes, we do. After creating our blog on WordPress we started a bookstagram account on Instagram. Ashley and I love photography (Ashley used to run her own photography business!) and taking pretty pictures of pretty books is so much fun, we absolutely love it.
We also have a Facebook account. On there we share the links to our blog posts. We also share book related articles we find online. Facebook gives us the opportunity to share our blog posts with people who don’t have the chance to follow our WordPress blog but still want to read our reviews. And providing a direct link to our blog reviews is the perfect way.
Twitter was the last social media platform we created. Our friend Morgana @Morgana’s Book Blog told us to try it out and we are a part of the twitter community ever since.
Ashley and I are also members of Goodreads: Ashley | Sabrina
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you want to have with you?
– A book, sunscreen, music
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be?
– Confessions of a Girl (I know, this is no slogan and more like a movie or book title, but I have NO IDEA! 😀 )
- Besides reading, what is your favourite activity to do (I.e. Yoga, dancing, etc.)?
– Writing letters to my lovely penpals. ❤
- Who’s your role model? Why?
– I don’t have a role model to be honest.
- If you could learn any skill instantaneously, which would it be? Why?
– Playing the violin or the piano. I always envy people who can play an instrument. It’s so fascinating.
- Name a language you would like to learn.
– Dutch 🙂
- Name a hidden talent you have.
– Is laughing like an evil witch a hidden talent? 😀 If not, then I don’t have one. 😛
- What is the reasoning behind your blog name?
– As you guys know, Ashley lives in Texas and I live in Germany. And the distance between her and my hometown is approx. 5171 Miles. 🙂
- What hobby would you get into if time or money were not an issue?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
- Are you usually early or late?
- What are some of you favorite tv shows?
- What does your ideal weekend look like?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Is there a book you absolutely loved in the past, but now absolutely hate? If yes, what’s the name of the book and why do you hate it now?
- Imagine fairy godmother would appear in front of you right now, what would your three wishes be?
- Would you switch your life with the life of your favorite celebrity for a week? If yes, who is it and why? If no, why?
DG Book Blog // Snow White Hates Apples // O.D. Book Reviews // Nerd Narration // Books And Belle // Bobo’s Book Bank // Darque Dreamer Reads // Tea and Tales // Kelly’s Book Blog // Charlotteannelise // Early Bookish Birds
♥ Ashley & Sabrina ♥